Natural food industry

Thursday, November 23, 2006

My thanks giving dinner (November 23rd)

I was invited by the family who live upstairs. It was easy for me and I’m quite comfortable with the people and food. I was reluctant to go any places before this family invited me. I don’t like most of thanksgiving food. Most of them are creamy and sweetened, which I really don’t like both. I can’t look at huge roasted turkey. There’s something wrong with that huge turkey. I knew it with my instinct even before I take this class about natural food. It’s too huge and so much flesh with fragile bones. When I read the article “What about free-range turkey?,” I really could see what’s wrong with it. Producers do genetic control to make turkeys that huge and give all kind s of unhealthy diet to make them fat. They live in a terrible environment too even if it’s called “free range”. I’m Buddhist and I’m told to respect the way of nature. There are so many blessings we can learn from nature. So, this kind of practices make me really uncomfortable and mad. I feel like I’m taking a part in this disrespect to nature when I eat abused turkey. I truly apologize to those turkeys I ate. I knew they weren’t raised in healthy condition. I couldn’t resist when I saw nicely cut meat. I’m just one of stupid human beings. I wish all of them went to the heaven. That’s really all I can do after I ate them. I’m a big hypocrite. Going back to thanksgiving dinner, I actually enjoyed a lot even though I didn’t like them before. My host cooked everything from scratch spending four days. He said he bought stuff from WinCo, which is definitely not a natural food store. But anyhow, I knew he put his heart in it and it was all delicious. I just make prayers to be forgiven and I will work hard to make world a better place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home